Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy Little Cupcakes

It's a little unusual for me to be blogging in the middle of the day, but as you know I'm on holidays (and still doing my happy dance).

I have been stitching away madly all morning, trying to finish off a Rose Star sample-sized quilt to show people at the markets. (It's not quite finished yet, but if I get it done today I'll insert a photo in here later.)

My good friend and I had a great weekend overall, with a very good day at our local Ramsgate Foodies (and arts and crafts) Market on Saturday (windy and rainy but we made lots of sales so we didn't mind the weather too much), and a not-so-great day on Sunday when we tried out a new market (it wasn't at all what I expected, we won't be going back there).

GF now pretty much runs the pendants/accessories stall and I have a table or two to showcase my patchwork products. I was happily surprised to find there was heaps of interest, especially in my die-cut fabric hexagons, and I enjoyed chatting with all the patchworkers and crafters who found me.

We will be back at Ramsgate this Saturday (17 Nov) and at Maitland Markets on Sunday (18 Nov) - look for stall number 71J and 71K. In between I'll be going to a birthday party and catching up with my family.

One of my sweet nieces is turning 6 so I've ordered a box of the cutest yummiest cupcakes I've ever tasted. I came across Happy Little Cupcakes a couple of weeks ago at Ramsgate. Shhhh - don't tell my partner that that's the real reason why I want to keep going back to Ramsgate every week!

I don't know if HLC does any other markets around Sydney but you can find them on Facebook here. I just gave Silvana a call and pre-ordered a dozen cupcakes like this, which I'll pick up on Saturday.


I'll have to buy a few extra for myself though (mmm maybe the red velvet ones with frosting mmm) otherwise these pretty pink ones are not going to make it to the party!

Bye for now, it's back to stitching my Rose Star, then once that is done I'll get started on making some new accessories. I have a long list of ideas to try out and I like to have something new to show at every market. I love being on holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment